Two years after killing, $1,000 offered for information on shooter

Police+are+investigating+a+shooting+that+occurred+during+a+Halloween+party+at+the+Elks+Lodge+in+October+2021.+
Police are investigating a shooting that occurred during a Halloween party at the Elks Lodge in October 2021.

Central Iowa Crimestoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to identification of the person responsible for shooting and killing Stashaun Brown.

Brown, 23-years-old at the time of his death, was found dead with gunshot wounds in his chest just before midnight on Oct. 29, 2021, outside Ames Elks Lodge in Ames, an organization with a stated mission of investing in the Ames community with programs helping children grow up healthy and drug free.

The 2021 investigation, as reported by the Daily, states multiple shots were fired by several groups of people attending a private event at the lodge, located at 522 Douglas Ave.

Brown, from Des Moines, Iowa, was shot after shots were fired into a large crowd of people, the Daily previously reported. He was transported to Mary Greeley Medical Center and later died as a result of the gunshot wounds. Brown was the single injury or death reported as a result of the shooting.

The Ames Police Department encourages anyone with information regarding the incident to call the department at 515-239-5133 or the department’s anonymous tip line at 515-239-5533 or to contact Crime Stoppers of Central Iowa at 515-223-1400.

crimestoppersofcentraliowa.com also accepts anonymous tips.