Spring career fair season: Career fair calendar

Jack McClellan
Many booths at the career fair offered a variety of snacks and goods to give away to interested students. Pictured is Elijah Wagner, a junior in landscape architecture, talking with a representative of Civil Design Advantage before partaking in the Monster Energy Drinks set out on the table.

Iowa State spring career fairs are open to everyone, whether a student is a freshman building connections in their professional field or a senior ready to obtain an internship. 

Visit CyHire for more information on employees and companies attending specific career fairs. 

Engineering Career Fair

One of the largest career fairs in the nation is the Iowa State College of Engineering Career Fair, which focuses on all engineering and associated STEM majors. Just over 380 employers will be attending, including 3M, Great Plains Manufacturing and Summit Engineering & Construction.

Location: Hilton Coliseum

Date: Tuesday

Time: noon – 5:00 p.m.

Business, Industry and Technology Career Fair

The career fair is focused on relevant majors in Business, Liberal Arts & Science and Human Sciences (BIT). According to CyHire, students across all colleges may attend this event, but the focus majors will be:

• Accounting, Finance and Economics
  • Apparel
  • Communications
  • Health and Wellness
  • Hospitality
  • Human Resources, Training and Development
  • Management
  • Marketing and Sales
  • Retail
  • Science
  • Supply Chain
  • Technology

Location: Hilton Coliseum

Date: Wednesday

Time: noon-5:00 p.m.

People to People Career Fair

Hosted by the College of Human Sciences and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, fewer than 100 employers will attend this career fair. Some employers attending will be Ames, Ankeny and West Des Moines police departments, Ames Public Library and Des Moines Parks & Recreation. 

Professional headshots will also be available during the fair for students from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.

Location: Memorial Union in the Great Hall

Date: Feb. 16

Time: 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.

Design Career Fair

With around 100 employers attending, the Design Career Fair focuses on students involved in the College of Design. Companies include, but are not limited to, Ankeny Art Center, BRR Architecture and Interior Investments.

Location: Memorial Union Great Hall

Date: Feb. 22

Time: noon-5:00 p.m.

Teacher Education Career Fair 

Teacher Education Services, the College of Human Sciences Career Services and the School of Education are partnering to host a career fair open to all students but focused on students interested in school settings and majoring in education. On-site interviews will also be conducted in the exact location from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Location: ISU Alumni Center

Date: March 4

Time: 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.