Payless Fashion Week on campus offers giveaways, free food

Mariah Wellman

The following events build up to The Fashion Show 2015 on April 11.

Tickets to the show are $16 for students and $22 for adults. They are available now at the Iowa State Center box office, which offers discounted $20 tickets if six or more are purchased. Tickets are also available online through Ticketmaster for $28.25.

Monday, April 6: Kindness Day. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the free speech zone in front of Parks Library, there will be free Hy-Vee cupcakes and cookies, Fashion Show pens and Fashion Show T-shirt giveaways.

Tuesday, April 7: Fashionably Caffeinated. From 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in between Lagomarcino and Kildee halls with Burgie’s coffee truck, there will be free Munchkins donuts and Burgie’s coffee, along with Fashion Show T-Shirts for sale.

Wednesday, April 8: Wednesday’s We Wear Pink. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the West Curtiss Lawn on Central Campus in partnership with Victoria’s Secret, there will be freebies, free bags to fill at the cotton candy and candy bar, as well as Fashion Show T-shirts for sale.

Thursday, April 9: Fit for Fashion. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the West Curtiss Lawn on Central Campus in collaboration with campus representatives from Love Your Melon, 31 Bits and Southern Tide, there will be free Jimmy John’s sandwiches, bottled water, and possibly chips and fruit. The ISU hip hop club Dub H will perform.

Friday, April 10: Fashion’s Night Out. Free appetizers, deserts and drinks will be available from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Garden Room of the Gateway Hotel. Guest designers, producers and Payless Fashion Week directors will speak. A silent raffle will be held with donated baskets from local businesses.