ESPN College Gameday causes student ticket changes in Ames

Students line-up outside of Hilton Coliseum to wait for the Dec. 4 game against the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Max Dible

ESPN College GameDay may be coming to Hilton Coliseum.

The ISU men’s basketball team will square off against No. 11 Kansas on Jan. 17 in Ames.

The popular ESPN program has requested that the ISU Athletic Department keep its options open on the game’s start time to accommodate the potential presence of ESPN cameras and crews.

While the decision on whether or not to host a show in Ames will not be made by ESPN until the first week of January, the ISU student ticket policy has been changed due simply to the possibility of GameDay’s presence.

The policy changes were laid out in an email sent from the university to all student ticket holders.

“Student ticket pick-up for the men’s basketball game versus Kansas will be at Hilton Coliseum on Saturday, Dec. 6th,” according to the email. “All student men’s basketball tickets for the Kansas game will be reserved seating, based on a first-come, first-served basis.”

The alterations to the policy are intended to allow ISU fans to both claim their tickets and their seats, while still being able to attend the College GameDay broadcast.

“We selected Saturday, Dec. 6 to avoid most issues with academic conflicts and to be able to allow students to wait in line inside Hilton Coliseum, thereby limiting issues with cold weather,” the email read.

The university will keep student ticket holders apprised of any further changes or relevant information as it becomes available.