Gameday causes change in ISU student ticket policy for Kansas

Tiffany Herring/Iowa State Daily

Fred Hoiberg and his players showed support for the ISU football team at the home game against Baylor in 2014. 

Max Dible

ESPN College Gameday is coming to Hilton Coliseum – maybe.

The ISU men’s basketball team will host preseason No. 5 Kansas on Jan. 17 and the popular ESPN program has requested that the ISU Athletic Department keep its options open on the game’s start time to accommodate the potential presence of ESPN cameras and crews.

The decision will not be made by ESPN until the first week of the new year, but one thing that is clear is that the possibility of hosting College Gameday is going to change the ISU student ticket policy.

The policy changes were laid out in an email sent from the university to all student ticket holders.

“Student ticket pick-up for the men’s basketball game versus Kansas will be at Hilton Coliseum on Saturday, Dec. 6th,” according to the email. “All student men’s basketball tickets for the Kansas game will be reserved seating, based on a first-come, first served basis.”

The changes are meant to allow Iowa State fans to both claim their tickets and their seats while still being able to attend the College Gameday festivities.

“We selected Saturday, Dec. 6 to avoid most issues with academic conflicts and to be able to allow students to wait in line inside Hilton Coliseum, thereby limiting issues with cold weather,” the email read.

The university will keep student ticket holders informed of any further relevant information as it becomes available.