Trump and Ernst to visit Iowa this week

Lee Chinyama
Iowa state capitol, located at 1007 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50319 on May, 3, 2023.

Multiple Republican politicians are hosting events in Iowa this week.

Former President Donald Trump and Senator Joni Ernst are scheduled to host respective events on Wednesday and Friday. Trump is visiting Iowa to further his 2024 presidential campaign. Sen. Ernst will be visiting Iowa State to host a small business networking event, the Entrepreneur Expo, at Iowa State.

Currently, there are no Democratic candidates expected to host events this week.

Donald Trump:

Trump is hosting two events in Iowa on Wednesday.

The Trump Iowa Caucus Event will take place at the Jackson County Fairgrounds in Maquoketa. The doors open at 10 a.m., and Trump is scheduled to speak at 1 p.m.

A Trump campaign event will take place at the Grand River Conference Center in Dubuque. Doors open at noon, and the event will begin at 2 p.m. Trump is scheduled to speak at 3 p.m.

Registration for the Dubuque event and more information are available on Trump’s campaign website.

Senator Joni Ernst:

Ernst is hosting a free Entrepreneur Expo event at Iowa State on Friday. This event is designed to allow small businesses to network, listen to successful business speakers, attend information sessions and interact with the Deptartment of Defense. Ernst is also expected to participate in a panel to share her remarks.

The Entrepreneur Expo will take place at 8:00 a.m. in the Scheman Building on Center Drive. The event will end at 3:30 p.m. A full agenda and list of attendees is available on the Eventbrite website. This event is open to the public and students are encouraged to RSVP using the Eventbrite link.